Sticky Date Pudding
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
250 g Dates, pitted and chopped (Approx. 2 cups)
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
360 g Boiling Water (1.5 cups)
125 g Butter, softened
75 g Natvia Gold (1/2 cup)
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
260 g Self-raising flour (1 3/4 cups)
190 g Natvia Gold (1 cup)
300 mls Cream
0.5 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
60 g Butter (3 tbsp)
- Preheat oven to 160ºC (fan-forced). Cover chopped dates with baking soda and boiling water and set aside for 15 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine butter, Natvia gold and vanilla extract. Beat until pale and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating in between.
- Stir in flour and date/water mixture. Pour into a lined rectangular brownie tin and bake for 35-40 minutes until golden on top and a skewer comes out clean.
- To make the sauce, add all ingredients to a pot over medium heat. Bring to a rolling simmer for 10 minutes until reduced slightly.
- Using a chopstick, poke holes in sticky date pudding. Pour over half the sauce and allow to sit for five minutes to absorb.
- Divide pudding in to 12 serves. Serve with additional sauce.
|Carbs||Pro||Fats||Energy KJ||Calories||Serving size|