Strawberries and cream ice cream
Prep: 20 minutes
Chill: 6 hours
240 g Cream
75 g Natvia
0.25 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Vanilla
140 g Natvia Strawberry Fruit Spread (1/2 cup)
- Using a stand mixer, beat cream until it reaches stiff peaks – place into the refrigerator.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, sugar and salt. Set over a pot with two centimeters of boiling water on the stove. Turn on to high heat so the water boils, ensuring it does not touch the bowl.
- Whisk eggs until mixture reaches 70ºC – approximately 10 minutes.
- Transfer egg mixture to large bowl of stand mixer. Add vanilla extract and whisk until quadrupled in size. Mixture should be thick and silky.
- Fold in jam to egg mixture, followed by cream. Pour in to a cake loaf tin, cover with plastic wrap and place into the freezer for a minimum of six hours or overnight.
- Serve straight from the freezer.