STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE BROWNIES
IngredientsFor the base 3 eggs 100g Natvia natural sweetener 75ml melted coconut oil 6 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 teaspoon baking powder 100g plain flour (can be gluten-free) 50g ground almonds For the cheesecake layer 200g 0% fat Greek yogurt or Quark 3 tablespoons strawberry jam (no added sugar) 1 tablespoon cornflour 1 egg 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 6 strawberries, halved
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and grease and line a 9x9in deep square baking tin.
- First make the brownie layer: Place the eggs in a large bowl with the Natvia and oil. Use an electric whisk to beat together for 3-4 minutes until thickened and creamy.
- Mix together with cacao/cocoa powder with ½ cup hot water and whisk well.
- Add the baking powder and chocolate mix to the bowl and continue to whisk to 30 seconds, then add the flour, ground almonds and vanilla. Beat until you have a nice smooth batter.
- Spread this over the base of your tin and smooth out evenly. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile blend together the yogurt with the jam, cornflour, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Remove the base from the oven, pour the cheesecake mixture over then arrange the strawberries on top.
- Return to the oven, reduce the temperature to 170 degrees and continue to bake for 20 minutes, until firm.
- Leave to cool in the tin completely, then chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- When you’re ready to serve, cut into squares and carefully remove. Drizzle over some warmed jam and some melted sugar-free dark chocolate - then enjoy!