Zucchini and Oat Waffles
Makes 1 large waffle
160 mls Egg whites
50 g Zucchini (raw)
50 g Low fat cottage cheese
55 g Natural protein oats (which is oats with almond meal and flax seeds)
3 g Psyllium husk
2 teaspoon Navis
0 For a savoury twist – pinch pink Himalayan Salt
- Prepare the mixture by placing all of the above ingredients into a NutriBullet or Blender on high speed until a creamy texture is formed.
- Place the mixture into the fridge to thicken for 5 – 10 min. This is achieved through the Psyllium husk, a fiber which soaks up liquid and will help the mixture thicken naturally.
- Preheat the waffle maker as per the manufacturer instructions.
- I usually use a basting brush to brush on a touch of flax seed oil to avoid the waffle sticking.
- Place the mixture into the waffle maker and cook as per manufacturer instructions.