Strawberry Pound Cake
2 cup all purpose flour
1.5 cup Natvia 100% Natural Sweetener
3 large eggs
1 cup butter, room temperature
300 g fresh strawberries
1 cup Natvia 100% Natural Sweetener
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
0 A pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 160º C.
- Wash very well and cut all your strawberries; I prefer to smash them leaving some big chunks to have different textures.
- Cream your room temperature butter and Natvia together until the mixture gets really soft and pale.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and keep whisking in a low speed.
- Incorporate the all-purpose flour and with a spatula fold in the flour until all is combined.
- Grease you cake pan and pour half of your batter, add the strawberries and then the other half of the batter. If you don’t have a loaf cake pan you can use any other you have available.
- Bake for an hour. Remember to keep an eye on the cake after 45 minutes because every oven is different.
- Use food processor to blend Natvia into finer grains, this way we will have a smoother icing.
- In a large bowl mix the Natvia with salt, vanilla and the juice of the two lemons.
- If you want your icing to be more liquid you can add one or two tbsp. of water.