Banana Muffins with Chunky Fig Jam
2 medium very over-ripe bananas
1 cup Natvia natural sweetener
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or soy milk
2 cup gluten free flour blend
0.5 teaspoon salt
1.5 teaspoon baking powder
0.25 cup vegan chocolate chips or cacao nibs (optional)
0.25 cup dried figs, chopped and rehydrated in 1 1/2 cups water
2 tablespoon Natvia natural sweetener
- Preheat oven to 170C. Line a muffin tin with muffin liners or spray with cooking spray. You can also use a silicone pan.
- Mash bananas with Natvia and unsweetened vanilla almond milk until mostly smooth (some chunks are okay).
- In separate bowl, mix together gluten free flour blend, salt, and baking powder.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry. Stir until combined. If using chocolate chips, fold into batter gently.
- Spoon evenly into muffin tin. Bake for 28-30 minutes.
- While muffins are cooking, bring figs and Natvia (along with the water they were rehydrated in) to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes, keeping a close eye to assure that it doesn't burn. Reduce heat to low and allow figs to dissolve a bit and jam to thicken for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cool muffins 10 minutes in pan before removing to enjoy warm, or transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Spoon glaze over muffins.