Tamago Musubi Sushi
Prep: 30 Minutes
Cook: 20 Minutes
IngredientsFor tamagoyaki, egg omelette:
- 2 each Eggs
- 1 tbsp/20ml Water
- 2 tbsp/28g Natvia Sweetener
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp/20ml Water
- 1 small can spam sliced
- 1 tbsp/20ml Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp/14g Natvia Sweetener
- 1 cup/250ml Japanese Rice cooked
- as needed Nori cut into strips
- as needed Japanese mayonnaise
- Starting tamagoyaki, egg omelette, To prepare tamagoyaki, combine eggs, water, natvia and salt in a bowl. Whisk lightly with chopsticks. Add cornstarch mixture and mix well. Set aside.
- Place a tamagoyaki frying pan over medium heat. With a kitchen paper dipped in oil, grease the pan and add a thin layer of egg mixture. Tilt the pan to cover the bottom.Poke any air bubbles formed. After the bottom is set, roll into a log from one side to another.
- Move omelette on one side, apply oil and pour egg mixture to cover the bottom. Lift the omelette to let it spread underneath.When the bottom is set, roll again from one side to another.
- Repeat with remaining egg mixture, Place the tamagoyaki on bamboo mat lined with plastic film. Shape the egg and let cool for 5 minutes. Slice into equal pieces.
- Next, for the spam, Meanwhile, to prepare spam, mix together soy sauce and Natvia, place spam on frying pan. Heat over medium heat until edges turn golden brown. Flip to cook the other side.
- When both side turns brown, add the soy sugar mixture and coat the spam evenly from top to bottom, the sauce will turn sticky, once ready, remove from saucepan and let cool slightly.
- Lastly for the Musubi sushi, to assemble musubi, shape one heaping spoon of steamed rice into rectangular shape. Add a dollop of mayonnaise and place a slice of spam.
- Add another dollop of mayonnaise over the spam and place a slice of tamagoyaki, finally wrap the thin strip of nori over to form sushi. Serve immediately.