Easy Vegan Plum Cake
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treat. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
Serves: 8 - 10
Cook: 35 minutes
- ½ cup (100g) vegan butter
- ½ cup (90g) Natvia
- 1 teaspoon (7mL) vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup (155g) plain all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup (130mL) soy milk or preferred non-dairy milk
- 7 firm plums, halved with seeds removed
- Preheat oven to 180°C/355°F and grease and line a 20cm round cake tin with grease proof paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment on, cream the vegan butter, Natvia, vanilla extract and orange zest until pale and creamy. About 1-2 minutes.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and gently mix in until it's just incorporated. Add in the milk and mix again to combine. Pour cake batter into the prepared tin and arrange the plum halves around the cake, gently pushing each one in.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until the top is golden and a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. Leave to cool completely in the tin before serving.
- Store covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.