Makes 3 servings
Ingredients12-16 sponge finger biscuits (see recipe below or store bought) 2 cups/500ml/16 oz coffee or espresso 1 2/3 cup/400g/14 oz mascarpone or greek yogurt 1/3 cup/80ml/2.6 oz heavy cream 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 1/3 cup/60g/2 oz Natvia
Sponge Finger Biscuits2 egg whites 1 1/2 tbsp/21g/0.7 oz Natvia 2 egg yolks 1/2 cup/90g/3 oz Natvia, extra 7/8 cup/130g/4.5 oz plain flour 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Place sponge fingers into coffee and allow to soak while making cream.
- Whisk together heavy cream, mascarpone, Natvia, and vanilla extract until soft peaks form.
- Place 2 lady fingers into the bottom of each glass.
- Top with 1/4 cup of cream.
- Repeat these two steps and refrigerate until needed. Dust with cocoa powder before serving.
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line sheet pans with baking paper.
- Sift together the baking powder and flour and set aside.
- Whisk the egg whites and once they become frothy slowly add the Natvia and whisk until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the egg yolks and extra 1/2 cup Natvia until it is a light yellow color and is thick.
- Fold the egg whites into the egg yolks and then fold in the sifted flour and baking powder. Make sure not to over mix.
- Place batter into piping bag fitted with a 1.2 cm (1/2 inch) round piping tip.
- Pipe out onto prepared baking sheets for 8-10 minutes until golden brown and set.
- Allow to cool completely and store in an air-tight container until needed.