Makes 12 cupcakes
IngredientsCupcakes: 3 eggs 1/2 cup/125g/4.2 oz butter, melted 1 cup/250ml/8.4 oz milk of choice 2 tsp vanilla extract 2 tbsp/40ml/1.4 oz warm water 1 tbsp/7g/0.5 oz espresso or instant coffee 1 cup/180g/6.3 oz Natvia 1/2 cup/45g/1.5 oz cocoa powder 2 cups/300g/7 oz plain flour 1 tsp salt 3 tsp baking powder Icing: 1 1/4 cups/310ml/10.3 oz heavy cream 1 tbsp/7g/0.5 oz espresso or instant coffee 2 cups/360g/12.6 oz dark chocolate chips, sugar free if desired
- Bring the heavy cream just to a boil and then add the coffee and stir until combined.
- Take off heat and add the chocolate chips and mix until chocolate chips are completely melted. You may have to put on a low heat and constantly stir until fully melted.
- Place into fridge while making cupcakes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a 12-hole cupcake tray.
- Whisk eggs and add melted butter, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Mix together the warm water and coffee until dissolved and add to the cupcake mix.
- Whisk in slowly the cocoa powder, flour, Natvia, salt, and baking powder.
- Fill prepared cupcake tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly and flip out of pan while it is still warm.
- Allow to cool before icing.
- Pull ganache out of fridge about 10-15 minutes before you ice the cupcakes.
- Place ganache into a bag fitted with a medium-large star or french tip and pipe onto cupcakes. If the icing is too firm, let it soften at room temperature for a little longer. If it's too soft and won't hold its shape, pop it back in the fridge for a few minutes.
- Place cupcakes into refrigerator and allow to chill until the icing is set. Store in refrigerator.