Coffee Sponge Cake
Ingredients6 eggs, separated, plus whites of 2 eggs 3/4 cup/135g/4.7 oz Natvia 3 tbsp espresso or coffee 1 tsp vanilla extract 4 1/2 tbsp/90ml/3 oz vegetable oil 1 1/2 cup/225g/7.9 oz cake flour or plain flour 1/2 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp salt 4 tsp Natvia, additional 1 tsp Cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 325°F/170°C and grease and flour a cake pan.
- Whisk the 6 egg yolks and Natvia together until it is pale yellow and fluffy.
- Add the espresso, vanilla extract, and vegetable oil and mix until combined.
- Add the cake flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until combined. Set side.
- In a separate clean bowl with a clean whisk, whisk together the 8 egg whites and cream of tartar until frothy.
- Slowly add the Natvia and whisk until the whites form a stiff peak.
- Fold 1/3 of the whites into the yolk mixture, then fold in the remaining mixture making sure not to over mix.
- Fill cake pan and bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
- Keep in an airtight container or wrapped up for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Serve with your favourite icing or whipped cream.