TOFFEE CRISP BARS
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
Prep: 30 minutes
Freeze 4 hours
For the bars -
4 tablespoon coconut oil
6 tablespoon Natvia natural sweetener
2 tablespoon smooth almond, cashew or peanut butter
75 g plain puffed rice
For the extra caramel -
1 tablespoon coconut oil
3 tablespoon Natvia natural sweetener
1 tablespoon smooth almond, cashew or peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the chocolate coating -
100 g no added sugar dark chocolate, broken up into pieces
1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Lightly grease and line a 9x13in baking tin or deep tupperware box.
- Gently melt the coconut oil, Natvia and nut butter then remove from the heat and stir in the puffed rice. Mix well until fully coated.
- Tip the mixture into the prepared tin/tub, smooth out evenly and pack in tightly. Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile make the extra caramel - gently melt the coconut oil, Natvia and nut butter then whisk in the vanilla.
- Pour this over the crisped rice and allow to soak in. Return to the freezer for another hour at least.
- Remove the whole thing and place on a board. Use a large sharp knife to cut into chunky bars and transfer to a wire rack.
- Carefully melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil then pour over each bar and use a spoon to coat the sides. Place the bars on a flat board lined with more greaseproof paper. Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- When you’re ready to enjoy, simply pop one out the freezer and enjoy!