TRIPLE CHOCOLATE VALENTINE’S BROWNIES
Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection. You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
Serves: 9 - 12
Prep: 30 minutes
Bake: 25 minutes
For The Brownies
4 Sweet Potatoes, Peeled, Cooked And Cooled
100 g Oat Flour
100 g Ground Almonds
40 g Cacao Or Cocoa Powder
100 g Natvia Natural Sweetener
2 tablespoon Tablespoons Flaxseed
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
150 mls Almond Milk
4 tablespoon Coconut Oil, Melted
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
For The Frosting
3 tablespoon Coconut Flour
3 tablespoon Cacao Or Cocoa Powder
3 tablespoon Natvia Natural Sweetener
2 Almond Butter
.50 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
For The Chocolate Hearts
2 tablespoon Coconut Oil
2 tablespoon Almond Butter
4 tablespoon Natvia Natural Sweetener
4 tablespoon Cacao Or Cocoa Powder
2 tablespoon Freeze-dried Raspberries
- First make the brownies: Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and grease and line a 9x9 in baking tin.
- Place ¾ of the cooked sweet potatoes into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add in the other brownie ingredients and blend again to form a smooth, quite thick batter.
- Scrape out the mixture and spread out evenly. Bake for 25 minutes until firm. Leave to cool in the tin.
- Meanwhile make the frosting: Place the remaining cooked sweet potatoes into a blender or food processor and blend with the other ingredients until thick and smooth. Place into a bowl or container and keep in the fridge until needed.
- Finally make the chocolate hearts: Gently melt the coconut oil and almond butter then whisk in the Natvia and cacao or cocoa powder. Sprinkle some freeze-dried raspberries into the bottom of a mini heart-shaped tin (it should make around 20 small hearts) then pour the chocolate mixture into each to reach the top. Chill for at least 2 hours to set.
- Once the brownies have cooled, remove the whole thing from the tin and place on a chopping board. Spread the frosting over the top evenly in a generous layer. Cut into 9-12 pieces. Pop out some chocolate hearts and place one on top of each piece. Enjoy!