BERRY FROSTED VEGAN DOUGHNUTS
Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection. You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
Prep: 30 minutes
Bake: 15 - 20 minutes
For The Doughnuts
150 g Oat Flour
50 g Ground Almonds
100 g Natvia
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Bicarb of Soda
100 mls Oat or Almond Milk
1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Flax Eggs (2 tablespoons flaxseed + 4 tablespoons water)
100 g 100g Apple Puree
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
For the Frosting:
400 g Coconut Yogurt or Dairy-Free Soft Cheese
3 tablespoon Natvia
2 tablespoon Coconut Flour
2 teaspoon Blueberry Powder
1 teaspoon Beetroot Powder
2 teaspoon Raspberry Powder
Freeze-Dried Purple Berries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and lightly grease a 6-hole donut pan.
- Mix together the flours, Natvia, cinnamon and bicarb in a powder.
- Whisk together the milk and apple cider vinegar and leave to stand for 5 minutes. Also, in a separate bowl or cup, mix together the flaxseed and water and stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the flax eggs to the milk mixture along with the apple puree and vanilla then pour into the dry ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Spoon between the donut holes to reach the top and bake for 15-20 minutes until risen and golden. Leave to cool then pop out and onto a wire rack.
- Meanwhile beat together the coconut yogurt, Natvia natural sweetener and coconut flour to form a slightly thick mixture. Divide between 3 small bowls and to each one add a different colour berry powder and beat until smooth. Chill until needed.
- Once the donuts have cooled, spread 2 x with one of the berry frostings - make sure the top is fully covered. Add the freeze-dried berries and dust with extra powder if you wish - then enjoy!