Vanilla Cupcakes with Caramelised Bananas
2.5 cup self rising flour, sifted
1.75 cup Natvia 100% Natural Sweetener
1 cup milk
0.75 cup butter, room temperature
3 bananas, large
2 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 190º C.
- In a large bowl, whisk together your room temperature butter and Natvia.
- Add one egg at a time and keep mixing.
- Incorporate your milk and sifted flour. Mix until there are no clumps.
- Fill your cupcake liners around ¾ full. Never pour batter until the top of the liner because your cupcakes need space to expand.
- Bake your cupcakes for 15 minutes. Remember to keep an eye on your cupcakes after 10 minutes because all ovens are different even if you put them at the same temperature.
- Let your cupcakes cool down before adding the topping.
- Add the butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Cut your bananas in little pieces and put them in the hot pan.
- Pour the honey on top and cook the bananas until you get both sides golden.
- With a serrated knife, open a little circle on top of each vanilla cupcake.
- Take that extra piece of cupcake, make crumbs and combine them with the bananas.
- Fill your cupcakes with the banana mixture. Add extra honey on top if you want.