Vegan Cinnamon Scrolls
Prep: 1 hour
Cook: 30-40 minutes
180 mls Almond Milk (3/4 Cup) warmed slightly
8 teaspoon Natvia
5 tablespoon Vegan Margarine
2.25 teaspoon Yeast
500 g Gluten Free Bread Flour (3.75 Cups)
90 g Almond Meal (3/4 Cup)
2.5 teaspoon B aking Powder
0.5 teaspoon Salt
FOR THE FILLING
3 tablespoon Vegan Margarine, Melted
80 g Natvia (1/2 Cup)
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180C grease and line a baking tray. Set aside.
- Combine the warmed almond milk 1 tablespoon margarine, 4 teaspoons Natvia and the yeast. Set aside for 10 minutes to prove.
- In a medium bowl whisk together 2 cups gluten bread flour, almond meal, 4 teaspoons Natvia, baking powder, and salt. Add the remaining 4 tablespoons vegan butter and with your fingertips incorporate the butter into the flour mixture (it should resemble wet sand)
- Slowly pour the almond milk-yeast mixture a little at a time and stir into the dry ingredients and stir. Use the remaining bread flour to bring it together to form a ball.
- Roll the dough between 2 sheets of clingfilm into a large rectangle.
- In a small bowl combine the melted butter, ½ cup of Natvia and cinnamon.
- Remove the top layer of cling film and brush half the butter mixture over the rectangle.
- Using the bottom layer of cling film as a guide, slowly roll the dough lengthways into a cylinder (keeping it as tight as possible).
- Using a sharp knife cut it into 14 even rolls and place on the baking tray.
- Cover with a tea towel and place the tray in a warm area for 30 minutes.
- Remove the tea towel and brush the remaining Natvia, butter mixture over the scrolls.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden.
- Store the rolls in an airtight container for 3-4 days, alternatively freeze