Vegan Mint Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie
Prep time 20 mins
Cook Time 35 mins
Serves 15 slices
3 flax eggs (3 tablespoons (30g) flaxseed meal + 9 tablespoons (135mL) water)
0.25 cup Coconut Oil
0.25 cup soy milk, or favourite type of non-dairy milk
225 g semi-sweet chocolate, broken
0.75 cup Natvia
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
0.5 cup 1.5 tablespoons plain flour
0.25 teaspoon salt
0.5 flax egg (0.5 tablespoon flaxseed meal + 1 tablespoon water)
225 g firm silken tofu, pressed to remove as much water as you can
3 tablespoon Natvia
3 drops pure peppermint essential oil
0.25 teaspoon spirulina or 2-3 drops of natural vegan green food dye
0.25 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/355°F fan forced. Line an 18cm x 28cm tray with greaseproof paper.
- Begin by making the brownie. Make the flax egg by combining the flaxseed with the water in a small bowl. Leave to sit in the fridge until needed.
- In a double boiler set over medium-high heat, add the coconut oil, soy milk and broken chocolate. Stir until the chocolate has melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in the Natvia, flax egg and vanilla. Fold through the flour and salt.
- Evenly pour the batter into the lined tin, leaving the ⅓ cup in the bowl to swirl through the top.
- Make the cheesecake. Make the flax egg the same way as above. Add the tofu, Natvia and flax egg to a medium bowl. Using hand-held beaters, beat together until it's smooth. Add in the peppermint essential oil, being very careful not to add too much! Beat to combine. Add the spirulina or the food dye to the cheesecake and beat to combine. Adding more to increase the colour. Lastly, stir through the chocolate chips.
- Pour cheesecake over the brownie. Using the remaining brownie batter, dollop small spoonfuls all over the top and with a toothpick or the sharp end of a knife, swirl it into the cheesecake to make a marble effect.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. Remove and leave to cool completely in the tin.