Vegan Moist Strawberry and Coconut Cake
1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries (thawed and drained if you use frozen)
0.33 cup coconut oil
0.25 cup shredded coconut
0.5 cup all-purpose flour
0.5 cup whole grain flour
0.25 cup coconut milk
0.75 cup Natvia
1 teaspoon baking powder
0.75 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 ripe bananas, pureed
0 Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper or grease with a little bit of oil and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the coconut milk, oil, vanilla extract and Natvia.
- Add the mashed bananas and stir well.
- One by one, add the shredded coconut, flours, baking powder, baking soda, and vinegar. Whisk just to combine. Do not overmix or else the cake will harden.
- Fold in the strawberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared dish and bake for 40-50 minutes until slightly brown on top. Also do the toothpick test: insert in the middle of the cake and if it comes out clean, it means that the cooking time is over.
- Take it out of the oven and let it rest in the tin for 5 minutes. After that place on a wire rack to cool completely before cutting it.