APPLE, CRANBERRY & PECAN MUFFINS
Find all of our Christmas recipes here!
Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection. You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats.
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
For the muffins -
150 g gluten-free flour
75 g Natvia natural sweetener
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
50 g dried cranberries
50 g pecans, chopped
75 g apple puree
100 mls almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the frosting -
200 g coconut yoghurt or Quark
2 tablespoon coconut flour
4 tablespoon Natvia natural sweetener
0.5 teaspoon cinnamon
Dash of vanilla extract
Dried apple pieces and dried cranberries, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and grease a 6-hole muffin tin.
- Mix together the flour, Natvia, baking powder, spices, nuts and cranberries in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the apple puree, egg, almond milk and vanilla then pour into the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Spoon the mixture between the muffin tins and fill to reach the top. Bake for 15-20 minutes until risen and golden then leave to cool.
- Meanwhile beat together the yogurt or Quark, coconut flour,Natvia, cinnamon and vanilla until smooth but quite thick. Leave in the fridge until needed.
- When the muffins have cooled, spoon over some of the frosting on top of each then decorate with dried fruit and nuts. Enjoy!
|Carbs||Pro||Fats||Energy KJ||Calories||Serving size|