Apple Upside-down Cake
Prep: 15 Minutes
Cook: 30- 40 Minutes
- 4 each Apples
- 1/4 cup/60g Butter melted
- 1/3 cup/60g Natvia Sweetener
- 2 tsp Molasses
- 90g/3 oz Butter
- 1/2 cup/90g Natvia Sweetener
- 2 each Eggs
- 1 1/4 cups/185g All purpose flour
- 1 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 175°C and grease a cake pan.
- Mix together melted butter, molasses, and Natvia.
- Spread into the bottom of the pan.
- Peel and core apples and cut into slices.
- Place into the pan evenly over the sugar mixture.
- Cream the butter until fluffy and add the Natvia.
- Mix until combined.
- Add eggs and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, cinnamon, and baking powder and mix until fully combined.
- Pour into pan over apples.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan and flip out of pan while it is still very warm. This allows the apple mixture to be flipped out easily.
- Allow to cool completely and serve with your favourite sugar free ice cream or whipped cream.