Apricot Almond Tart
Makes 16 slices
1.5 cup gluten free flour
0.25 cup almond meal
1 tablespoon Natvia
0.5 cup butter, chilled and cubed
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoon water
0.5 cup butter, room temperature
0.66 cup Natvia
0.5 lemon, zested
1.5 cup almond meal
0.33 cup gluten free flour
0.25 cup sliced almonds
2 apricots, sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a tart pan.
- Paddle butter, gluten free flour, almond meal, and Natvia until breadcrumbs form.
- Add eggs and water until completely mixed.
- Allow to chill for 15-20 minutes if dough is too soft.
- Roll out onto floured surface until 5mm thick. Place into pan.
- Line the tart with parchment paper and place beans or pie weights in the bottom. Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before filling.
- Paddle butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar and mix until combined.
- Add eggs and mix until combined.
- Add almond meal and gluten flour and mix until combined.
- Spread evenly over tart shell. Place sliced apricots on top.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.