Blueberry Almond Tart
Makes 6 Tarts
IngredientsPastry: 1 1/2 cups/225g/7.9 oz plain flour 2 tbsp/16g/0.5 oz Natvia Icing mix 1/2 cup/125g/4.2 oz butter 2 tbsp/40ml/1.4 oz cold water Filling: 1/2 cup/125g/4.2 oz butter, room temperature 1/3 cup/60g/2 oz Natvia 1 tsp vanilla extract 2 eggs 1 cup/90g/3 oz almond meal 1/3 cup/50g/1.7 oz plain flour 2 cups/250g/8.4 oz blueberries
- Preheat oven to 200°C and grease 6 tart pans.
- Mix together the butter, flour, and Natvia until pea size pieces of butter are formed.
- Add the water and vanilla extract and mix until it is well combined. Refrigerate until dough is chilled (about 20 minutes).
- Place dough onto a floured surface and roll out the dough. Cut out round circles that are large enough to fit into the tart pans.
- Place into the greased tart pans and cut off the extra. Place baking paper and then baking beans or pie weight into the pans.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until golden brown and baked through. Allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease 6 tart pans.
- Paddle butter until light and fluffy and add the Natvia. Mix until combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and eggs and mix until combined.
- Add the almond meal and flour and mix until combined.
- Pour filling into prepared tart cases and place blueberries on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and set.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days.