Stuffed Carrot Cake Cookies
Makes 14 cookies
140 g cream cheese
0.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
350 g plain flour, plus extra for dusting your hands
0.5 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon mixed spice
140 g butter, softened
1 Zest of 1 orange
0.75 cup Natvia
200 g carrot finely grated
0.33 cup sultanas
0.33 cup walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 200C or 180C fan forced.
- Mix together the cream cheese and the vanilla extract and then chill for 30 mins.
- Beat butter and Natvia together until creamy, add the egg and carrot, followed by the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, and spices. Mix into a cookie dough.
- Divide the cookie dough into 12-14 balls. Flatten the balls with your palm to make small circles and add 1 tsp of the cream cheese mixture to the centre. Cover with dough and seal the cream cheese by rolling back into a ball. Make sure the filling is not leaking out. Flatten them slightly.
- Chill for 30 mins in the fridge to set.
- Bake the cookies for 20 mins until golden. Cool on the tray for 10-15 mins, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Sprinkle with the walnuts and orange zest to serve.