Paleo Vanilla Cupcakes
Makes 12 cupcakes
2 cup almond flour
0.25 cup tapioca starch
0.25 cup Natvia
0.5 teaspoon baking soda
0.25 teaspoon fine sea salt
2 eggs, at room temperature
0.5 cup plain low fat yogurt or fat free greek yogurt
0.25 cup honey or maple syrup
3 teaspoon vanilla extract
0 Vanilla frosting (of choice)
- Preheat the oven to 190C and line a 12-cup cupcake tin with papers. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, tapioca starch, stevia, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, then whisk in the yogurt, honey/maple syrup and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients (almond flour mixture) and whisk until fully combined and no clumps remain.
- Divide the batter between the 12 compartments in the prepared cupcake pan.
- Put the pan in the oven, close the oven door and immediately lower the temperature to 160C. Bake for 18-22 minutes until the cupcakes are domed and firm to the touch.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes in the pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting and decorating.