CHESTNUT, WALNUT & DATE CAKE
PREP: 15-25 minutes
COOK: 30-40 minutes
150g dates, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes
2 tablespoons almond butter
1 egg or flax egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
150g gluten-free flour
100g Natvia Sweetener
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon mixed spice or cinnamon
4 tablespoons caramel sauce
4 tablespoons chopped walnuts
4 tablespoons chopped cooked chestnuts
- Place the dates and 3 tablespoons of the soaking water in a blender and whizz up with the almond butter until smooth.
- Add in the other ingredients and blend to form a thick batter.
- Spoon into a 20cm silicone or greased and lined loose-bottomed cake tin and bake at 180C for 30-40 minutes until risen and golden. Set aside.
- While still slightly warm, spread over the caramel sauce and sprinkle over the walnuts and chestnuts and allow to settle into the cake.
- Once cooled, remove the cake from the tin and onto a serving plate. Slice up and serve nd enjoy!