Chocolate Almond Cake
Makes 16 slices
1.25 cup heavy cream
0.5 cup butter
2.25 cup sugar free dark chocolate chips
0.33 cup Natvia
4 eggs, separated
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup Almond meal
0.5 cup plain flour
0.75 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 160°C grease a round cake pan.
- Heat butter and heavy cream to a boil. Remove from heat and pour over chocolate. Mix until fully combined.
- Add Natvia to mixture and mix until combined.
- Whisk egg yolks until light and fluffy, add vanilla extract, and chocolate mixture. Mix until combined.
- Add almond meal, plain flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder and mix until combined. Set Aside.
- Whisk egg whites with clean whisk and bowl until soft peaks form.
- Place 1/3 of the egg white mixture into chocolate mixture and fold in gently.
- Add the remaining and fold in gently.
- Pour into pan and place into preheated oven and bake for 30-40 minutes until the surface of the cake is firm to the touch.