Chocolate Chip Cherry Ginger Cookies
180 g Blanched Almond Meal (1 1/2 cup)
25 g coconut flour (1/4 cup)
3 tablespoon Natvia
0.5 teaspoon Cinnamon
2 teaspoon salt
0.5 tablespoon Baking soda
1 large egg, beaten or vegan egg replacement
0.5 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
90 g Maple syrup (1/4 cup)
60 mls Coconut oil and Natvia to coat (1/4 cup)
90 g mini chocolate chips (1/2 cup)
60 g roughly chopped pecan (1/2 cup)
30 g roughly chopped dried cherries (1/3 cup)
30 g chopped dried ginger (it's up to you whether to use crystalized/sugared or uncrystalized) (1/3 cup)
- Preheat 350F and line 2 cookie sheets with a nonstick pad or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, granulated sweetener, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.
- In a smaller bowl, stir together the egg, vanilla, maple syrup and melted coconut oil or butter
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir to combine. Scrape down the bottom and sides of the bowl to make sure everything gets incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, pecans, dried cherries, and ginger.
- Scoop 3 Tablespoon portions of dough and roll into a ball. Use your palm to flatten into a thick disc and place on the cookie sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough, spacing each cookie 2-3" apart on the sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden around the edges. Remove from the oven and let cool completely on the cookie sheets until firm (see note), before moving to a rack to cool completely.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.