Rhubarb & Strawberry Breakfast Parfait
This has been one of my favourite breakfast lately. I absolutely love rhubarb and strawberries and I have been making the most of them while they are still in season here in the UK. It’s great to make the compote in advance so you always have some on hand when it comes to breakfast or for a sweet snack. I personally love serving it in this parfait stye with some crunchy granola and creamy coconut yogurt but it’s also delicious on toast or on top of porridge!You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s collection of dessert videos over at Healthy Treats.
Prepartion & Cooking Time: 25 minutes
For the compote:
100 g of fresh or frozen strawberries (1/2 cup)
50 g roughly chopped rhubarb (1/2 cup)
1.5 teaspoon chia seeds
2 tablespoon Natvia Natural Sweetener
A dash of vanilla extract (optional)
4 tablespoon your favourite yogurt (I used coconut)
An handful of granola of your choice
Extra strawberries for topping
- To make the compote simple place the fruits into a pan with a dash of water.
- Cook the fruit until it starts it bubbles, turn the heat down and add the Natvia Sweetener, vanilla and put the lid on.
- Cook the compote for 15-20 minutes until the fruit is all mushy and has a jam kind of consistency.
- Add the chia seeds, give it good mix and remove it from the heat. Leave it onto one side to cool down and to thicken up even further.
- Once cold place it into a jar or air tight container. It will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- To assemble the parfait simply place the granola at the bottom of jar, add a generous amount of the compote, top with the yogurt and add some fresh strawberries on top. Enjoy!