Peaches are by far one of my favourite summer fruit and they are now finally in season! Nothing beats a juicy and sweet peach on a to summer day! Although they are great on their own they are super versatile too and perfect in baking. This summer galette is so easy to make and all you need is juts a bunch of simple ingredients. I just love the crunchy pastry topped with the juicy peaches! You cab serve as it is or to make it even more delicious add a dollop of coconut ice-cream or yogurt!You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s collection of dessert videos over at Healthy Treats.
Preparation/Baking Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
Serves: 4-5 people
300 g spelt or white flour (2 cups)
1.5 tablespoon Natvia Natural Sweetener
60 g coconut oil - soft but not completely liquid (1/4 cup)
A pinch of sea salt
For the filling:
4 ripe peaches
80 g apricot jam + extra to brush the pastry and the peaches (1/4 cup)
- Add the flour to a large mixing bowl. Add in the Natvia Sweetener and the sea salt. Mix together.
- Add the coconut oil and start to mix with your hands, crumbling the oil into the flour.
- Gradually start to add some water, about 3-4 tbsp. Keep working the mixture with your hands until you have a solid dough.
- Line a large baking tray with some parchment paper and place the dough ball in the middle.
- Dust with some flour a rolling pin and start to stretch the dough into a round shape about 1/2 cm thick.
- Spread the apricot jam on the base keeping a circle shape and leaving about 2cm margin around the edges.
- Turn the oven on at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Slice the peaches into thin slices and start displayed them into a round circle on the base of the galette. Make sure there are no gaps between slices.
- Crimp the pastry around the fruit. Don’t worry if it looks a bit rustic, that’s the look we are going for! You can get excess pastry off the edges if you want.
- Gently brush some apricot jam on the pastry and on the peaches to give them a glaze look once baked.
- Cover the top pf the galette with some foil to prevent from burning and place it in the oven.
- Bake for about 60 minutes. After 45 minutes remove the foil so the peaches can get nice and golden.
- Remove the galette from the oven and brush some more apricot jam to give it a lovely shine.
- Let it cool down completely before cutting into slices. Enjoy!
|Carbs||Pro||Fats||Energy KJ||Calories||Serving size|