Chocolate Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
1 cup butter, room temperature
1.5 cup Natvia 100% Natural Sweetener
2 cup all purpose flour, sifted
100 g dark chocolate
2 eggs, room temperature
1 cup cream cheese, room temperature
2 cup Natvia Icing Mix
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
0 Sprinkles (Skip the sprinkles if you are making diabetic friendly version)
- Preheat oven to 180º C.
- Melt your dark chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave. If you use the microwave be careful because it is really easy to burn the chocolate; heat 10 seconds, stir and keep doing the same process until melted.
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter and Natvia until fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time and keep whisking until everything is well combined.
- Sift in all your all purpose flour.
- Fold in your dry ingredients into the batter. Do not over-mix.
- Chill your cookie dough for 15 minutes before baking. When your dough is chilled it is easier to shape your balls and also the cookies will keep better their shape in the oven.
- Place your cookie dough balls in the baking tray, don’t forget to leave enough space between each cookie because they expand.
- Bake your cookies for 12 minutes.
- These cookies are delicate so don’t move them right away. Wait for them to set outside the oven for at least 5 minutes and then you can transfer them to a cooling rack.
- Whisk together your cream cheese, Natvia and vanilla extract.
- Wait until your cookies are completely cooled, spread some of your cream cheese frosting on top.
- Add the amount of sprinkles you want!