CHOCOLATE-COVERED CHUNK COOKIES
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
Prep: 15 minutes + 30 minutes setting time
Cook: 10 minutes
For the cookies -
120 g brown rice flour
50 g ground almonds
50 g Natvia natural sweetener
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
70 mls melted coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
50 g no added sugar dark chocolate, cut into small chunks
For the chocolate coating -
2 tablespoon coconut oil
2 tablespoon Natvia natural sweetener
4 tablespoon cacao or cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C and grease and line a large baking sheet.
- Mix together the flour, ground almonds, Natvia, cinnamon and baking powder in a bowl then pour in the coconut oil and vanilla.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks and mix well to combine. Divide into about 12 and shape into balls. Place onto the baking tray and flatten into cookie shapes.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until just starting to turn golden. Leave to cool completely on the tray (they will firm up while cooling) then transfer to a wire rack.
- Gently melt the coconut oil then whisk in the Natvia and cacao/cocoa powder until smooth. Once the cookies have cooled spoon over the chocolate mixture to cover half of each cookie. Leave to set for at least 30 minutes - then enjoy!