Chocolate Cravings Cupcake with Chocolate Avocado Frosting
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
Prep: 20 Minutes
Cook: 20 Minutes
- 1 3/4 cup/160g blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup/30g Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup/50g Natvia Sweetener
- 2 each Eggs
- 1/4 cup/70ml Water
- 1/4 cup/70ml olive or coconut oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 each large ripe avocado
- 1 1/2 tbsp/10g Cacao Powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp/21g Natvia Sweetener
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Starting with making the cupcakes, start off with preheating oven to 160°C (fan forced).
- Place 8 cupcake liners inside an 8 capacity muffin tray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the almond flour, cacao powder, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and Natvia.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, add the water, oil and vanilla and whisk to combine. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Spoon the batter into the 8 liners and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- The cupcakes are ready when a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out mostly clean. Cool completely before icing.
- Preparing the frosting, the first step is to, blend all the ingredients in food processor until smooth.
- Spread with a butter knife finely over 8 cupcakes or double the recipe for piped decorative frosting or for the top of a large cake.