Chocolate Hazelnut Torte
IngredientsIngredients: 1/4 cup/60 g Unsalted butter 1/2 cup/50 g Unsweetened cacao powder 5 ea. Egg whites pinch salt 5 ea. Egg yolks 1 cup/175 g Natvia 1 tsp/2 g Vanilla bean paste 3/4 cup/185 g Cream (35% fat) 2 3/4 cup/250 g Hazelnut meal, sifted To Decorate: Natvia, extra for icing or dusting Unsweetened cacao powder, extra chocolate curls Roasted hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180℃. Line a 22cm loose-bottomed cake tin with silicone paper on the base and sides. Set aside.
- Melt the butter and add the cacao powder, mixing well until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine the egg whites and salt in the bowl of a mixer and whisk just until they start to reach the firm peak stage.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg yolks, Natvia, and vanilla. Whisk until the sweetener is dissolved and the mixture is pale and gains volume.
- Add the cocoa and butter mixture to the cream and add to the egg yolk mixture, along with the sifted hazelnut meal.
- Gently fold together until well combined. Do not beat the mixture.
- Finally, fold through the egg whites, taking care not to deflate the mixture too much, until no streaks remain.
- Transfer to the prepared cake tin and bake at 180℃ for about 40 to 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out relatively clean with no uncooked batter.
- Do not over bake the cake.
- Let cool on a wire rack before turning out to decorate.