Chocolate Orange Scones
3 cup all-purpose flour
4.5 teaspoon baking powder
0.25 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Natvia
0.25 cup cold butter, cubed
0.5 cup dark chocolate chips (sugar free if desired)
0.5 Zest and juice of 1/2 orange
1.25 cup milk of choice
2 tablespoon additional butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place the flour, baking powder, salt, and Natvia in a bowl and mix together.
- Add the cubed butter and mix using your fingertips until pea size pieces of butter form.
- Add the milk, orange zest and juice and mix just until combined. Stir through the chocolate chips.
- Place onto a floured surface and roll out until 2cm thick and cut with desired cutter.
- Place onto sheet pan and brush with melted butter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and baked through.
- Serve at room temperature or warm. Can be stored for up to 3 days in an air tight container.