Cranberry & Macadamia Spelt Biscuits
Ingredients2 cups Wholemeal Spelt flour 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/2 cup macadamia nuts (or mixed nuts of choice) ground 1/2 cup dried cranberries 1/4 cup rice malt syrup Pureharvest 1/4 cup granulated stevia Natvia 1/4 cup almond milk Almond Breeze Australia 1/2 cup coconut oil Bio-Medicals Pinch of salt 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix wet ingredients in another bowl
- Mix wet into dry until a dough forms.
- Put in the fridge to harden for an hour
- Divide in 2 or 3 parts (so it's not so big at once) and roll each ball between 2 pieces of baking paper until a few mm thick
- Cut out shapes
- If it gets too soft because of the coconut oil liquefying, put back in the fridge or freezer for a bit to solidify a little. Otherwise just take scoops, roll into balls and flatten on the baking tray into circles.
- Bake on trays lined with baking paper for 10mins at 160C fan forced until lightly browned. Allow to cool a little before moving to wire trays.