Easy Vegan Pumpkin Cake
4 cup flour
0.25 cup corn starch
2 teaspoon baking powder
300 g pumpkin
0.5 cup butter
1.5 cup Natvia
1 teaspoon salt
2.5 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
0.5 teaspoon vinegar
4 cup water for boiling
- Prepare a round cake pan, grease or line with baking paper.
- Put 4 cups of water in a medium pot and bring to boil, add the pumpkin. Cook for 25 minutes or until soft like puree. Remove from heat and allow to rest to ambient temperature.
- In a processor of food, mix the pumpkin with 1 cup water. Add the solids, flour, corn starch, baking powder and salt.
- Beat the butter with Natvia, until creamy. Combine the pumpkin mixture, butter, vanilla extract, vinegar and the remaining water. Beat for 15 minutes.
- Bake at 170C for 35 to 45 minutes depending on your oven.
- Optional: Serve with margarine on top or Natvia Icing Mix dusting.