Easter Cutout Cookies
Ingredients85 grams of unsalted butter 1/2 Natvia 1 large egg 1/2 tsp vanilla essence 1 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp salt pinch of salt Icing: 1/4 cup Natvia icing mixture (or powdered Natvia) 2 tsp vanilla essence Milk (add until consistency is correct)
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Add the softened butter to the mixing bowl and add 1/2 cup Natvia.
- Beat the Natvia and butter until fluffy.
- Add 1 egg and vanilla essence & continue to beat.
- Add the all purpose flour, baking powder, and pinch of salt and stir it through the mix.
- Once mixed and like dough, sprinkle flour down and roll the dough into a ball and then cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Sprinkle another lot of flour on appropriate surface and take the dough out of the plastic wrap.
- Roll the dough flat with a rolling pin.
- Once flat, use your cookie cutters (preferably easter ones!) to cut out as many cookie shapes as you can and place them evenly on a flat baking tray with baking paper.
- Bake for approximately 8 - 10 minutes (depending on the size of your cookies).
- Whilst they are baking, make the icing by adding 1 cup of Natvia to a new mixing bowl.
- Add approximately 2 tsp of vanilla essence and 1/4 milk whilst continuing to stir. Continue to add more milk until the consistency is correct.
- Separate the icing into 4 bowls add food colouring of your own choice to each bowl and stir each one.
- Once mixed, pour the icing from each bowl into an easy squeeze bottle and apply to the cracks of the baked and enjoy coloured cookies once set in the fridge.