Easy Apple Strudel
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
1 sheet rolled puff pastry
1 apple, cored and sliced thinly
2 tablespoon Natvia, plus extra
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 teaspoon cornflour
1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 180C fan forced
- Lay the pastry sheet on a baking paper lined oven tray. Lightly scour the pastry into even thirds. Cut the edges of the two outer thirds into finger-width rectangles. Alternatively leave the pastry as is.
- Toss the apple slices in a bowl with the Natvia, cinnamon, vanilla essence and cornflour. Arrange the apples on the middle third of the pastry and criss-cross the edges over the top to braid, alternatively simply roll the pastry over the top.
- Whisk the egg and milk together and then brush over the pastry.
- Sprinkle with extra Natvia
- Place in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown