Makes 12 slices
Ingredients2/3 cups/160g/5.6 oz butter, at room temperature 1 cup/180g/6.3 oz Natvia 1 egg 1/2 cup/125g/4.2 ounces water 1 1/2 tsp baking soda 1 1/2 tbsp/12g/0.4 oz ground ginger 1 tsp cinnamon 1/2 tsp allspice 2 1/2 cups/375g/13.2 oz plain flour
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease and flour a cake pan.
- Paddle the butter until light and fluffy. Add the Natvia and mix until fully combined.
- Add the egg and mix until combined.
- Heat up water until hot and add baking soda. Add to cake mixture and mix just until combined.
- Add the flour, ginger, cinnamon, and all spice and mix until combined.
- Pour into pan and place into preheated oven. Bake for 30-45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While cake is still warm but slightly cooled, flip out of pan.
- Allow to cool completely and store in an airtight container.