Natvia Gluten Free Christmas Cake
This gluten-free Christmas cake recipe is just as scrumptious and mouthwatering as any traditional cakes! During the festive season one of the things we need is a true gluten-free Christmas cake that actually tastes like real Christmas cake.
With this recipe, no one will miss out on enjoying a delicious cake on Christmas day! So what are you waiting for? Let's get into some festive baking!Nutritional Information Tips/tricks
- If the salty caramel sauce is too think to use as a glaze, thin it by whisking in some water before brushing it over the Christmas cake.
- Nutritional information is per piece using butter without almonds or glaze.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook/Chill: 50 minutes
200 g Goji Berries
100 g Sultanas
75 g Walnuts, roughly chopped
Zest of 1 Orange
600 mls Orange Juice (1/4 Cup)
125 g Almond Meal
70 g Coconut Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
0.5 teaspoon Bicarb Soda
100 g Natvia (1/2 Cup)
0.5 teaspoon Salt
3 teaspoon Mixed Spice
50 g Butter or Coconut Oil, melted
1 tablespoon Vanilla
Blanched Almonds, optional to decorate
Natvia Salty Caramel Sauce, optional as a glaze
- Preheat oven to 150C (fan-forced). Grease and line a 20cm round cake tin.
- Soak the goji berries and sultanas in boiling water for 10 minutes or until soft.
- In a separate large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
- In a third bowl combine the eggs, juice, vanilla and butter.
- Strain the goji berries and sultanas and set aside.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Slowly pour in the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Add the strained dried fruit and mix again.
- Pour into the prepared tin and smooth the top with the back of a spoon.
- Decorate with the blanched almonds (optional).
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the top is golden or when a skewer is inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven. If glazing, while the cake is hot, brush with Natvia Salty Caramel Sauce.
- Leave to cool in the tin, before removing and storing in a sealed container.
|Carbs||Pro||Fats||Energy KJ||Calories||Serving size|