Natvia Keto Fruit Mince Pies
- If the pastry becomes too sticky, return to the freezer until solid again.
- Nutritional information is per fruit mince pie without a dusting of Natvia
Serves: 16 mini pies
Prep: 1 hour
100 g Almond Meal
30 g Coconut Flour
0.5 teaspoon Baking Powder
0.5 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
Pinch of Salt
70 g Cold Butter
30 g Cream Cheese
1 tablespoon Natvia, blitzed to fine consistency plus extra for dusting (optional)
1 Egg, whisked (for glazing)
1 Apple, peeled and cut into cubes
30 g Goji Berries (1/4 cup)
20 g Flaked Almonds, chopped (1/4 cup)
0.5 Orange Zest
0.75 Lemon Zest
0.5 teaspoon Ginger
0.5 teaspoon Cinnamon
0.125 teaspoon Nutmeg
3 tablespoon Natvia
40 g Butter
1 tablespoon Water
1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Place all of the ingredients for the filling (except the almonds) in a saucepan. Warm on a low heat until the butter has melted.
- Increase the heat to simmer and allow to cook for around 5 minutes or until only a little moisture remains.
- Stir through the almonds and set aside to cool.
- For the pastry, combine all of the dry ingredients in a food processor. Pulse to combine.
- Add the butter and cream cheese and pulse again until combined. Add the egg and pulse again until combined.
- Shape the pastry into a round, flat disc and cover with cling wrap. Chill in the freezer for 20 minutes minimum.
- Preheat oven to 160C (fan-force) and grease a mini muffin tray.
- Once the dough has chilled roll between 2 sheets of baking paper to 3-4mm thickness.
- Cut circles that are slightly bigger than the base of your mini muffin tin so it creates an edge to your pie.
- Place each cut circle in the base of the mini muffin tray and return to the freezer.
- Reroll the rest of the dough and cut stars from the remaining pastry.
- Remove the bases from the freezer and divide the mixture between the bases.
- Place the stars on top of the mixture and brush with the egg wash.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden on top.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tray. Dust with extra blitzed Natvia to serve.
|Carbs||Pro||Fats||Energy KJ||Calories||Serving size|