Gluten Free Mini Churros
Prep 20 minutes
Cook 20 minutes
250 mls Water (1 cup)
160 g Unsalted Butter
0.25 teaspoon Salt
83 g Natvia
140 g Gluten Free Plain Flour
3 Eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon Cinnamon, ground
Oil for frying
Natvia Dark or Milk Chocolate, melted for dipping
- In a pot over a medium heat, combine the water and butter. Bring to the boil so the butter melts.
- Add the salt and 2 teaspoons of the Natvia. Whisk to combine and bring to the boil again.
- Add the flour and mix using a wooden spoon until a sticky dough forms (about 1 minute).
- Place the dough into a mixer. Add one egg at a time whilst beating on high speed. Once the eggs have all been added, beat for a further 2 minutes.
- Combine the remaining Natvia and cinnamon in a medium sized bowl or tray and mix to combine.
- Line a tray with paper towel (Use this to place your cooked churros on before coating them in the Natvia/cinnamon mixture).
- Heat the oil for deep-frying. It is at the correct temperature when a small amount of mixture placed into the oil bubbles up.
- Transfer the churros mixture into a piping bag with a star nozzle. Pipe the dough directly into the hot oil (around 10cm in length). Cook 3-4 churros at a time, any more will cool the oil resulting in soggy churros.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Use a slotted spoon to transfer them onto the paper towel.
- Toss in the Natvia mixture while still warm.
- Serve warm with melted Natvia chocolate.