Gluten-free Rainbow cake
150 g gluten free flour, sieved
150 g baking margarine
150 g Natvia sweetener
1.5 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 drops of gluten free red, green and blue food colouring (suitable for baking).
100 g butter, softened
200 g Natvia sweetener
1 Drop of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 170c fan, gas mark 4.
- Grease and line two seven inch tins.
- Cream the baking margarine and sweetener until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the beaten eggs, mix until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Fold in the flour and baking powder.
- Divide the mixture into four bowls.
- Colour one bowl red, the other blue, one green and leave one plain.
- Spoon the coloured mixtures evenly between the tins, blobbing the colour around.
- Swirl a fork through the mixture to marble and then smooth the surface flat.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly golden and springy to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- To make the icing, beat the butter, Natvia sweetener and vanilla until pale and fluffy.
- Once the cakes are cool, use half the icing to sandwich them together and half to decorate the top.