Hot Cross Chocolate Scones
Ingredients1 & 1/4 cups wholemeal flour 1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp salt 2 tbsp unsalted butter 1/2 cup greek yogurt 3 tbsp Natvia 2 tbsp + 2 tsp nonfat milk 1 tsp nutmeg 1/2 cup sugar-free chopped dark chocolate 1/2 an orange zest 1/4 cup cacao A dash of vanilla essence
- Preheat your oven to 220°C and line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cacao, Natvia, nutemg, orange zest and salt. Cut in the butter and mix together until it resembles fine crumbs. Stir in the Greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons of milk, and the vanilla.
- Add in 2 tbsp worth of the dark chocolate and stir.
- Sprinkle some flour down and shape the dough into a large circle then slice it evenly into 8 portions.
- Once in the portions, roll each of the slices into smaller scone sized and shaped balls and place on the baking paper.
- Prepare the scones by brushing them with the remaining milk (give them a good coating).
- Bake the scones for 17 - 20 minutes or until the tops are golden.
- Melt the remaining dark chocolate and drizzle crosses over the tops of the baked scones.
- Enjoy a hot crossed chocolate orange scones treat for Easter!