Prep time 30 minutes
Cooking time 3 hours
IngredientsSponge cake 125g Butter, softened 1 cup Natvia 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence 3 Eggs 1 ¾ cups Self Raising Flour 1/2 cup milk A pinch of Salt Chocolate icing ¼ cup Cacao powder 2 cups Natvia 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter 1 cup Desiccated Coconut
- Preheat oven to 180C fan forced
- Grease a 20x30cm tin and line with baking paper. Beat the butter, Natvia and vanilla essence for 3-5 minutes until combined. Continue to beat while adding the eggs gradually one at a time.
- Sift the 1/3 of the flour over the butter mixture and add a little milk. Continue to beat the batter until the flour and milk have combined. Continue adding flour and milk in batches while beating until combined.
- Spoon into the lined tin and spread evenly, using a spatula to smooth the top.
- Bake for about 25- 30 minutes, until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and rest for 5-10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool for at least 2 hours. Cut the cake into 24 slices, trimming edges where needed.
- To make the icing, sift the cacao into a bowl and mix with the Natvia, butter and ½ cup boiling hot water until smooth.
- Using thin tongs or two forks, dunk the sponge squares into the chocolate icing and then toss in a bowl which is filled with desiccated coconut.
- Set on a wire rack to dry.