Lavender and Coconut Shortbread
Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection. You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
Serves: 16 - 18
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 13 minutes
125 g Unsalted Butter
.50 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
60 g Natvia (1/3 cup)
150 g Plain Flour (1 Cup)
1 tablespoon Cornflour
1 Egg White
2 tablespoon Dried Lavender
2 tablespoon Coconut Chips
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Beat the butter with the vanilla and Natvia until creamy. Sift over the flour and cornflour. Beat on low until just combined.
- Lightly dust the bench top and lightly knead for 30 seconds to bring the dough together to form a ball.
- Flour a rolling pin and roll out the dough to about 3cm in height.
- Cut with a small cookie cutter and place each cookie on a baking paper lined oven tray.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and working quickly, brush the tops of the cookies with the egg white and then sprinkle with lavender & coconut chips. Bake for another 3-5 minutes, unto golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and stand on the tray for about 1 minute. Remove to a wire rack until cooled.