Lemon Ricotta Cake
150 g butter
171 g Natvia Natural Sweetener (3/4 cup)
3 eggs, separated
250 cup smooth ricotta (1 cup)
60 mls lemon juice (1/4 cup)
1 tablespoon lemon zest (approximately 1 large lemon)
94 cup self-raising flour (3/4 cup)
1 pinch salt
0 Fresh strawberries and cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 160ºC. Grease a 17-18cm cake tin with butter and sprinkle with flour.
- In a mixer, beat butter and sweetener until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolks, ricotta, lemon juice and lemon zest and mix to combine.
- Add in the flour and salt and mix again until incorporated.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold this into the cake batter. Pour into cake tin and bake for 45 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Serve with fresh berries and a dollop of cream.