Quick bake cookies
Prep time 35 mins
Bake time 20 mins
0.66 cup Unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1 tablespoon NATVIA
2 teaspoon Vanilla bean paste or good quality vanilla extract
3 cup Plain Flour
0 half Lemon, rind finely grated
3 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Preheat the oven to a slow 150°C (130°C fan forced) and line a large tray with baking paper.Extract the vanilla bean paste by slicing the vanilla bean lengthways.
- Gently scrape your knife along the inside of the bean.Using an electric mixer, cream the softened butter with Natvia and Vanilla paste for 8 minutes on high speed, or until very pale and fluffy, scraping down the sides of the bowl regular.
- Reduce the speed to low and add the lemon rind, flour. And enough lemon juice to form a soft dough, mixing very lightly. Knead lightly with your hands until soft and pliable. Do not over work.
- Press into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 15 minutes.Roll out the cooled mix between sheets of baking paper to a large square.
- Refrigerate for a further 10 minutes if is not firm.
- Cut into small squares or desired shape with a floured cutter and gently transfer to your prepared baking trays.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until firm.
- Allow trays and shortbread to cool completely before moving as shortbread is naturally very delicate.