Low Carb Raspberry and Hazelnut Eton Mess
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
3 Egg Whites
99 g Natvia (1/2 cup)
Pinch of salt
15 g Cornflour, sifted
300 mls Thickened Cream, lightly whisked
2 tablespoon Natvia, , blitzed to resemble icing sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla
2 tablespoon Natvia Raspberry Fruit Spread
125 g Raspberries
250 g Strawberries, leaves removed and cut into quarters
2 tablespoon Hazelnuts, skins removed and roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 120C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- In a mixer, combine egg whites, Natvia and salt. Mix on a high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Fold through the sifted cornflour, ensuring it is combined well and there are no lumps.
- Scoop 8 heaped tablespoons of the meringue mixture onto the prepared tray. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the meringues are crisp but not coloured. Turn the oven off and allow them to cool completely in the oven.
- Combine the cream, blitzed Natvia and vanilla in a bowl. Whisk until soft peaks form. Fold through the raspberry fruit spread.
- In your desired glass, spoon some of the strawberries into the base, spread a tablespoon of the cream mixture, then coarsely crumble a half of a meringue disk. Repeat the layering with remaining ingredients.
- Top with raspberries and chopped hazelnuts