Mint Chocolate Cheesecake
Servings 16 slices
IngredientsCrust: 1 cup/150g/5.2 oz unsalted macadamias 3/4 cup/75g/2.6 oz oats (gluten free) 1 tbsp/7g/0.2 oz cocoa powder 1/4 cup/60g/2 oz unsalted butter Filling: 1 1/3 cups/250g/8.4 oz sugar free dark chocolate chips 3 cups/750g/1 lb 10 oz cream cheese, at room temperature 2 cups/500g/1 lb sour cream 3 eggs 2/3 cup/120g/4.2 oz Natvia 2 tbsp/14g/0.5 oz cocoa powder 1 tsp peppermint extract
- Preheat oven to 150°C and line a springform cake tin.
- Grind the macadamias in a food processor, add the butter and continue to process until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the oats and cocoa powder and process until combined. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the tin and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips and set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy, add Natvia and sour cream and combine.
- Add eggs one by one, scraping down the sides and mixing well between additions.
- Add peppermint extract and cocoa powder.
- Fold 1/2 cup of the cream cheese mixture into the chocolate mixture to lighten it, then fold this into the rest of the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour into cake pan and bake for 30-40 minutes until set.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.